Scholarships at Ghent University 2023, the University of Ghent is now Europe largest company focusing on research into energy and climate issues. It is also one of the world’s leading producers of clean energy. The International Scholarship Program is an international scholarship program in which we support students pursuing their PhD. The main objective of the scholarship program is to support outstanding students with financial needs, who are also eligible for EU or US, Canada scholarships, enabling them to pursue higher education in Belgium and complete their PhD.
The award is primarily aimed at international students from non EU countries who are eligible for a Ghent University Scholarship but still cannot fund their studies equally due to financial reasons. The scholarship covers all tuition and maintenance expenses and lasts for 4 years with an annual value of 14,631.66 euros.
Doctoral Scholarship for International Students
The University of Ghent is offering Ph.D. scholarships for international students. A Ph.D. Scholarship provides funding for applicants abroad to pursue a doctoral program in any discipline offered by the university.
Students will be selected on the basis of academic excellence, dedication to research and higher education, and potential contribution to graduate university life.
Scholarships at Ghent University 2023 are open to all international students who wish to pursue a PhD. program at the University of Ghent from September 2022.
Students can apply for the Ph.D. scholarships in the following ways:
The scholarship has two options with duration of two and three years. Candidates are required to apply for the Ph.D. scholarships until December 15, 2022 and February 14, 2023, respectively.
Applicants must hold an undergraduate degree from a recognized university (e.g. from one of the following institutions:
- Cambridge University
- Oxford University
- University College London
- London School of Economics
- New York City College
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- The scholarship will be awarded based on research aptitude, academic excellence (minimum 3.5/4 GPA),
- The scholarship only covers tuition fees.
No specialization is required when entering this program. Applicants may enter the program with an offer to study one of the following specializations:
- Tax law
- European Union law
- Intellectual property rights
- International Commercial Law
- International Trade Law
No special knowledge is required to enter this degree track, but English proficiency is expected and international education is preferred obviously.
Scholarships for International Students are given here:
- Master from a top university in your home country;
- Master’s thesis topics must relate to research done by one or more Ph.D. supervisors from the University of Ghent
Apply for Ph.D. The Ghent University Scholarship Program
Complete at least two years of studies at the University of Ghent.
- Documents needed to apply for a scholarship at the University of Ghent
- Submit your completed application form and other requirements by June 1, 2025.
- A diploma certificate or certificates, including if you enrolled in Ghent,
- Syllabus with the nature of his studies and awards received.
- Academic grades from your university or previous education.
The University of Ghent PhD program 2022 is the perfect choice for individuals who want to pursue opportunities in higher education, continue their professional careers.
Plus points of studying at Ghent University:
- Use new teaching methods such as the flipped classroom, online courses and e learning.
- Get the chance to learn from Ghent University’s leading academics and experts.
- Study at an international university with a wide range of options, including more than 310 programs of study in all fields from engineering to health sciences.
- Enjoy international exposure by enjoying exchange programs.
- Collaborate with like minded students from around the world.